Friday, April 28

goodbye, my isosceles triangle mole formation


I'm a molely person. Two weeks ago I had two questionable moles removed from my body, again. One of them was part of this formation on my left arm that I affectionately call my isosceles triangle mole formation. I discovered it in my 10th grade geometry class; we had been discussing isosceles triangles and what not in class. i remember looking at my arm while being bored to tears, and I was tickled to death to see the formation. I quickly grabbed a pen and connected the moles and sure enough two out of the three sides were equally congruent. The image above is not to scale, and does not give my moles justice. I'm disappointed that the top of the triangle is going to replaced with a heinous looking scar. right now it's just a healing wound with a hello kitty band aid covering it. I'm grateful to have my moles removed since my family has a history of melanoma and we have to be careful. I recommend that if you haven't had your moles checked recently to do it. My mom told me that her doc said referring to melanoma as "sneaky bastards!" My biopsy turned out to be fine, no bad news. It just takes one bad one out of the hundreds on my body to ruin it for the rest.

2 comments:

The dBs said...

Better safe than sorry, Steph... good job! "equally congruent" you're funny!

bansheewigs said...

just so everyone knows, i did not get extra credit for my mole formation!