Tuesday, April 25

Tom's versus Dove - this is about the pits!



In a lame attempt to start being a little more chunchy since I've been in Colorado for 3 years now, I decided a few weeks ago to buy Tom's of Maine deodorant from the Sunflower Market (health food store). I get the lavender scent because I love the smell and I thought it smelled better than the other scents. I came home after shopping and immediately put it on, ya know to try out my new product. It REALLY felt different than Dove. Like bad different. Like I don't like this kinda bad. Mind you, I have been a long-time, committed user of Dove. [I think Dove is the longest relationship I've EVER been in.] It smells great, goes on smooth, and I like it. BTW, at first it was hard to let go of Dove. I keep using Tom's, trying to give it the old college try, and it TOTALLY burns like hell. I don't like burning in my pits, okay. Sheesh! For a full week I use this Tom's and have pit-burn, it's like I'm torturing myself. So I finally tell someone about my burning sensation (never thought I'd say that) in my pits because at the time it was burning and that was all I could think about. She asked me if I shaved. And, I'm like yeah. She's all like that's probably why. So if you don't shave your pits you can use Tom's natural-organic deodorant without burning, apparently. My quandary: Do I shave my pits, use good ol' Tom's and have burning pits? Or, do I not shave use Tom's and have nonburning, hippy pits? Or, do I just go back to Dove and have normal smooth pits with no burning? Yeah... I'm wearin' Dove right now. If anyone can recommend a crunchy deodorant that won't burn my pits please let me know.

Thanks,
Armpit Management

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Feminine hygiene posts scare me.

--Your mom

bansheewigs said...

you know what scares me? people pretending to be my mom on my blog.

Lisa said...

Hey, my mom works the mac and cheese at OCB. have you been there?

bansheewigs said...

no more furr's? dude... i'll check oCB soon. need me some mac n cheese like pronto!

cara harjes said...

if you can deal with it for a few weeks, i recomend just weaning your bod off the stuff all together. i did it a few summers ago and as far as i know, i don't stink.

if you want to do this up right, go to www.pollhost.com and slap a poll up on this post and we can scientifically track the favored options.

cara harjes said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
bansheewigs said...

thanks for getting my blog-back, cara. dude i'm gonna work on the new deodorant crunchy-style. i think there are some other natural deo brands out there that can take the hit. oh, BTW, i've NEVER thought you smelled...in fact you are odorless! isn't that what you wanted?

Anonymous said...

It's a scientifically and morally proven fact that people who french too early on in their development have reported higher incidences of burning pit syndrome (BPS). I guess you should read more Dobson. Furthermore, Cara caught herself a husband AFTER she stopped using deodorant entirely, which would greatly quicken the end of your nun internship. Love, Lori

bansheewigs said...

good point, Lori... i never put all of these thing together.

bansheewigs said...

Update: I found a new crunchy deodorant! Kiss My Face makes a nice, my pits don't burn!!! Hoo-ray!

bansheewigs said...

FYI - I have stopped using deodorant. I apologize in advance if you ever smell something rank from me. But I realized that Cara was sooo right. And, another woman I know doesn't use it at all and she seems normal and doesn't smell. So I'm sooo over deodorant. Hey, perhaps I'll catch a husband like Lori pointed out how Cara got Herb. We'll see...