Thursday, September 21

entropy.

It's been awhile since I've written on my blog. Mostly because my mind has been in 10,000 places. But with that said, I'm reminded about entropy. I'm not into science at all, but I like the idea of entropy which describes probably everything that is going on in my life.

What is entropy?
  • Well, essentially the idea of entropy is disorder in a system. And, this has to deal with thermodynamic laws, but for us normal people out there I'm going to simplify this for us.
  • We are constantly maintaining these systems, e.g. mowing lawns, cleaning, showering, etc. For instance, if I neglect doing my dishes or picking-up my crap that I've left all over my apartment then what would happen? Unfortunately things don't magically return to their proper spot (strangely growing up my stuff always got to the right spot - thanks to my A.R. mom); instead, my apartment would look like a cross between a junkyard or 50-yearold bachelor's pad. So, I'm constantly maintaining my apartment -- dishes, sweeping, laundry, straightening up, dusting, wiping counters, etc.

From the basic maintenance of an 650 sqft apartment to laws of thermodynamics, I feel like this 'notion' of entropy stems from the 'fall' and because of that we, too, experience entropy. For me, physically, I'm going through some health problems the past few weeks. The kidney stones (Urethra Franklin and Stone Phillips) are still in my kidneys and I should have them 'blasted out' in the next few weeks. AND, the radiologist not only found my stones but he/she also found some kind 'abnormality' on my right femur (femoral neck) - could be a cyst or some other kind of 'deformity'. Although, I would love to say that I'm fine, I'm not freaked out at all. But to be honest as my body experiences this 'entropy' I'm a bit uneasy about it. I tend to think of worst case scenario - which is every scary thing you can think of -- losing a limb. Then I'm like oh, it's probably nothing... but what if? So you see I'm trying to have a good perspective, but this waiting is killin' me.

I need patience. I need peace. I need healing. I need to surrender and allow God to walk with me through this odd time. I'm sure trusting God is huge part of it. I've even given myself pat answers, but to be honest I don't want to hear them. So, I told myself to shut-up the other day...

I should hear back from my orthopedic surgeon sometime this coming Monday or Tuesday. He has to review my MRI.

Though I'd love to continue to process this on my blog - but my main purpose in writing this is a request for prayer. I believe in prayer, and if you are the praying type I ask for your coveted prayers.

5 comments:

The dBs said...

yes, waiting... it's the hardest part. Entropy is like the Matrix - it's out there and everyone is aware of it - it's suffocating at times, but is sadly normal. We know we were made for something else and that the way it is isn't "right." So, we pray... entropy and our lack of victory over it here moves us to our knees and moves us to long for "home." love you, friend.

peanutgallery said...

I'm so sorry you are getting hit from all sides right now. :( If I still believed in prayer I would pray for you. Thus you will have to settle for knowing that if you need anything I am only 3 blocks away and I would love to help if you need anything.... even if it's just a different environment to be sad & scared.

bansheewigs said...

thanks lens and libby.

bansheewigs said...

I sent this email out to some of you guys...

Hey friends,

I just wanted to give you all a quick update on my health 'saga'.

My orthopedic surgeon phoned me today after the results of my MRI, and I will indeed need surgery to remove the 'mass' on my right femur. The surgery hasn't been scheduled yet, but I'm sure it will be in the near future. Most likely sometime in October or early November; and it will definitely be done after blasting out my kidney stones (Urethra Franklin and Stone Phillips) with lithotripsy, which hasn't been scheduled yet either. The mass / tumor / cyst is fluid in the bone and apparently it's dissolving part of the bone. So it has to go (not the leg rather the 'chunk' in the bone)! I'm optimistic that this benign, but there's a slight chance it could be malignant, like 10 percent. I won't know until they remove the tumor and do a biopsy on it. The good news is I can continue being active until my surgery and hopefully / prayerfully I can hit the slopes sometime in January -- with a quick recovery and a positive outcome post-op!

So yeah, prayers are definitely welcomed. I know and trust that you all know how to intercede in ways I could never fully express. Thanks for your prayers!

peace & joy,
steph

bansheewigs said...

Lithotripsy for my stones = Oct. 5.

Femur surgery = Oct. 12