Sunday, October 29

10 things you never knew about me...

On this blog I tell many silly stories from my past, e.g. my sister black mailing me, running away with my hobo stick, the glove man, etc. I also share what's going on in my life from the wacky things like my deodorant quandary or my nun internship to the more serious like my recent health woes. Needless to say, I have many more stories to share and divulge to my faithful readers; moreover, there is so much that I haven't shared. So, with that said, here's 10 things you never knew about me... keep in mind I know some of you already know about some of this stuff.

10 things you never knew about me...

  1. My only 'hollywood crush' was Fred Savage from The Wonder Years. I wrote him a letter when I was in 5th grade, and so did my best friend Emily Yeh. He wrote back some canned photo & signature. [In fact, that picture to the right is the exact one 'he' sent me!]
  2. I always wanted to play the drums, but my mom wouldn't let me and I played the piano for two years until I broke my arm in 6th grade.
  3. My favorite animal is the African Elephant - sad they have been killed for their ivory tusks. Sick, greedy bastards!
  4. I've never smoked weed nor have I bonged a beer. HOWEVER, I've watched and babysat my friends who did. Sober can be funny!
  5. I have a knickknack phobia. It started in college my first semester in the dorms my roommate had like over 100 little dalmatian knicknacks all on her side of the room. Apparently, if you own a dalmatian you're supposed to collect knicknacks. She even had her senior pics taken with her dog. Creepy.
  6. I was a Safety Patrol Captain in 5th grade; yes the dorky orange belts and helping kids cross the street. I carried a whistle and bossed my classmates around. I thought I was da shiznat!
  7. I can't sleep if my bedroom door is open and I must have white noise!
  8. I am a registered Independent - in high school I claimed to be a Democrat, then I became a Christian in college, in the bible belt, and thought that I had to be Republican if I was a Christian. Boy, I didn't know anything then.
  9. Every year growing up at my church, First Presbyterian Church in Norman, OK, had a Christmas Pageant, and I was always an angel up in the balcony, and I sang in my church choir -- I actually liked it. We also did numerous musicals.
  10. I only write in print; in fact, I can't write in cursive anymore -- too sloppy. But I do have a cool signature, I've been told. That was perfected over the years... ya know just in case I got famous!

7 comments:

cara harjes said...

i played a sheep in the christmas play when i was little . . . i think my mom still has the fuzzy sheep costume that her friend made me. head to toe fuzzy fuzz - complete with sheep headdress that snapped under my chin.
yeah

bansheewigs said...

cara - i can totally see you as a sheep. awe, so cute!

peanutgallery said...

the summer before my senior year in college we took a week break to san diego. we spent one day up in LA and dinner at a friends house in Burbank. what's in burbank you ask? well, it's the wonder years house, in living color.

my friend mike had such a huge crush on winny, and that's what we heard about for the next several hours.

bansheewigs said...

that's AWESOME, libby! i totally remember that house / neighborhood. yeah, the fred savage / kevin arnold crush was as teen beat as i ever got. i have no interest in fred savage today, he's not as cute as he was as a kid. i need to get that show on dvd!

Lisa said...

I have been looking for years for the Wonder Years on DVD. appearantly, you can only get it on DVD if you buy it from some crazy person who had all the shows in VHS and made them converted to DVD. I don't know...actually I haven't looked for it in the past year, but I did look long and hard for awhile.

by the way, what is "white noise"?

bansheewigs said...

i'll have to check w/ netflix with the dvds. such a great show. i think i should've grown up in the 60s.

white noise is for me a fan or air filter-fan combo; drowns out the traffic noise and the people living below me.

Wes said...

Hi!

Sorry to invade your blog, but I found that a lot of people were visiting my blog from this webpage: http://blogspappr.com/leonidasyana

which had sort of stolen one of my blog posts and put it there. I also noticed one of your blog posts there as well... do you have any idea about what this webpage is?

Sorry to disturb you!

cheers,

Wes