Friday, May 18

good-bye flip flops (sniff, sniff)

This morning I walked to work, but this time I looked different. It's Friday, even though it's not casual friday I always manage to be less concerned with my Friday attire. I'm a rebel.

But since it's basically summer, I wore a casual skirt and a blouse, mostly casual business. OK, Colorado business casual. But, my shoes... you'll laugh and think I'm a dork, but I'm wearing my running shoes. Yes, running shoes! Because of this recent pain, I just can't walk in my flip flops anymore. So, I've decided that I'm going to have to retire my flip-flops until further notice.

Totally sucks because flip flops = warm weather = cute flip flops = painted toes = me happy. But the reality is flip flops are horrible for your feet. I'll probably sport my
chacos, they have support, but I'm gonna have to say peace out to my flip flops.

So sad.


But when you're in pain you have to admit it and choose comfort over cute.

2 comments:

peanutgallery said...

Have I taught you nothing? Fashion before function! Although I did see some ergonomic flip flops in a magazine the other day, maybe you could try those.

bansheewigs said...

i know, i know, libby -- but i can't deal with the pain.

update: my feet feel much better since retiring my flip flops.