Tuesday, September 5

WHOA NELLY, I'M 29!!!

Hard to believe, folks, but I just turned 29 today. Very creepy.

Here are a few birthday highlights...
  • Today was the most gorgeous day outside! Perfect weather!
  • I took the day off from work!
  • I rode my bike to REI. While reading my book outside the REI Starbucks, a pigeon made some noise then I looked up and saw grunty poo coming down towards me. With my cat-like reflexes I was able to dodge the droppings. Whew!
  • Apparently Victoria Secret remembered my birthday better than most people; they sent me a little $10 gift card. That'll help me put a down payment on a G-string I've had my eye on.
  • Had dinner with some fun friends at Mercury Cafe. Tasty. Although, the tea that tasted like an ashtray wasn't a hit for some reason, but the rest of the food was good. Thank you guys for coming! Loved the cards and gifts--even though I said NO gifts! :) Muchas gracias!
  • I told a story of the time I puked in kindergarten; Alison couldn't stop laughing, which made me laugh super hard! Not sure if it was funny, but I enjoy laughing hard while trying to tell a vomit story.
  • My fam hooked me up: Dad = cha ching, Mom = car insurance for the next 6 mo, sister = fun earrings. Thanks you guys! Wish you could've joined us for dinner.
  • Plethora of voicemail messages, phone calls and emails from friends and family wishing me a happy birthday, thank you!
  • Lastly, my doc called me during dinner, and told me that I'm having 'twins'! (More on that later.)

A couple of goals for my 29th year:

  1. To not get married by age 30.
  2. Laugh more.
  3. Take off more, actually use my vacation days.
  4. Love God and people.
  5. Rest.
  6. Give.

PS - my friend Hunter wanted me to increase the font size. I hope this helps!

No comments: